Saturday, October 14, 2006

Finally!

This is the first post on my brand new blog.

During the past few years, I heard this question many times: "Khaled, why don't you create your own blog?", and I used to reply with the same answer: "I don't feel like doing that.. I don't have much to say anyway, and if I do, I'll write it in an email and send it to you, and to the groups I'm subscribed to if I want others to see it."

However, I don't know why lately I have been thinking of creating my own blog.. my own space where I can jot down anything I feel or think about.. where I can be foolish or wise, nice or blunt, polite or aggressive.. without anyone trying to "correct" me or censor me. Also, there are silly things that I can write here, but wouldn't think they could be email material.

Another reason for starting this blog is that lately there are a lot on my mind that I would like to unburden myself with, or in other words share with others whether they know me or not. There are lots of things happening around us these days -- the good and the bad -- and I believe I would like to comment on them through my own point of view.

I chose the name Rays & Shadows to signify the nature of posts on this blog. One post could be very cheerful, maybe due to an Egyptian winning a Nobel award or for a happy event in my personal life.. and at other moments I would be very crude and sarcastic.

I usually like to see myself through the eyes of others around me, so feel free to post your comment or a critique.

So here we go.. now I have my own space!

Khaled Reda
Saturday, October 14th, 2006
4:30 AM
Cairo, Egypt

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm…..
I was once asked why I don't have my own blog since I do have interesting things to say .. :)
Well, I believe it's a responsibility; even if it's my OWN space to spill my thoughts and reflections...

I don't know why I am trying to escape the idea of starting my own blog, I might be going thru the first phase of "I don't think I have much to say" like you did…
And hopefully, I could come over this preliminary stage and jump courageously to the next one…

Meanwhile, I'm having a quite wonderful time surfing interesting blogs & posting my comments there…

7ad mo3tared? :)

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Khaled said...

Ya fandem ma7adesh mo3tared wala 7aga.. my blog looks nicer with your comments. :-) But why don't you start your own blog, and keep it private for a while, and then decide if you'd like to share it with others or not. It's all in your hands ya3ni. It does feel better that I can keep all my thoughts and feelings in once space..

8:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm..I like the idea of "initial privacy"...
I will think seriously about it, specially that am commencing a totally new phase in my life, and yeah i will need to discharge lotsa thoughts jammed at the back of my mind...
and then, I'd be honored to have ur comments posted there...
thanks for the advice

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Khaled said...

Anytime ya dodo. Once you do this and once you make it public (if you do) then I'll be very pleased to read and comment. :-)

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home